I have trouble stopping at 40 on this Forty Essential Film Noir Classics. I will continue to update the list as more movies are added.
I wanted to add a definition for Film noir, so I went to the great movie critic Roger Ebert. I have shortened his definitions but included the link below so you can read the complete original.
1. A French term meaning “black film,” or film of the night.
2. Doesn’t mislead you into thinking there will be a happy ending.
3. Locations that reek of the night, of shadows, of alleys, of the back doors of fancy places.
5. Women who would just as soon kill you as love you, and vice versa. This is priceless JEC.
6. For women: low necklines, floppy hats, mascara, lipstick, boudoirs, calling … Continue reading